Business & Industry Preparedness Planning
Resources for Businesses in New Jersey
- “Emergency Management Guide for Business and Industry [pdf]”, a 67-page, step-by-step approach to emergency planning, response and recovery for companies of all sizes.
- "Checklist for Business Recovery"
- Protect Your Business from All Natural Hazards
NJ Homeland Security
- Business Continuity
American Red Cross:
- "Preparing Your Business For the Unthinkable [pdf]"
- “Emergency Management Guide for Business and Industry”, a 78-page guide with step-by-step advice on how businesses can create a comprehensive emergency management program. Local Red Cross chapters can order in packages of 5 as stock number A5025 for a nominal fee.
- “Disaster is Everybody’s Business”, an 8-page booklet that describes ways businesses can work with the Red Cross before, during and after disasters. Limited for use by Red Cross representatives only. Local Red Cross chapters can order in packages of 10 as stock number A5061 for a nominal fee.
- "Personal Workplace Disaster Supplies Kit [pdf]"
- Homeland Security Advisory System Recommendations for Businesses [pdf]
United States Small Business Administration:
Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety:
- Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety Web site
- “Open for Business” Disaster Recovery Resource Page
- “Open for Business” Disaster Planning Toolkit [pdf]
- “Getting Back to Business: A Guide to the Small Business Owner
Following Disaster” -pdf
Public Entity Risk Institute:
NJ Business Force: Business Executives for National Security:
The New Jersey Office of Emergency Management collection at the New Jersey State Library on the New Jersey State Library’s Website. These materials are available for New Jersey citizens, and to emergency managers, government officials, emergency responders, teachers, engineers and corporate emergency officials in New Jersey who need to prepare or respond to any emergency situation. Materials include handbooks, videos, reports or software.